English College young and energetic Form
1 student, Ahmad Faiz Bin Najib Omar has won the silver medal in ‘Superstar Me!
JB’ held by ‘The Great Eastern’ associated with the ‘Asia’s Got Talent’ just right
behind an 8-year-old girl named Grace Lee.
Let’s
see what he has got to share with us!
E- The Editors
F- Ahmad Faiz Bin Najib Omar
E- The Editors
F-
E: Who was the one who inspired you to sing?
F: Well, it was my Dad, because he could sing. I
started singing at the age of 3.
My Dad and my Mum thought that I was gifted in this
talent, so they registered me in this competition for my first kind of
exposure.
E: Did you feel nervous or shy on stage because of
your young age?
F: Yes! Number one is that I am young and number
two, there were a lot of
people
over there in the audience. We were at at City Square, Johor Bahru
and people were watching me, I was so afraid. But I
thought to myself that it’s
the time for me to show my own talents. I just
conquered my fear.
E: How do you feel after winning a place in the
competition?
F: I felt
great, I felt super great, yeah.
E: What would you like to say about losing the
championship to a younger girl?
F: Em, well,
I feel ordinary about it, it’s a natural thing. That girl is awesome, I’d
seen her
performing at SIGS and also for the MBC. She’s a very talented girl
and she loves
to dance too, yeah.
E: Would you ever consider to take on the singing
industry after secondary school?
F: I started
singing as a natural hobby. I was not thinking about being a singer, I
want to be an
architect instead. Thus, I’ll just take singing as a hobby as well as
an
entertainment for everyone. So I guess it’s a ‘NO’ .
E: Do you like any other activity apart from
singing?
F: Well, I love cooking and drawing. I help my Dad
when he cooks at home. He’s
a chef. I started doing so when I was 5 years old.
E: If you have been given a chance to collaborate
with any international or local
artiste, who would you choose?
F: I will pick Sam Smith, Shila Amzah and Yuna. I
love their songs so much that I
have memorised all the lyrics.
They are indeed amazing on stage. Shila Amzah
can sing Chinese songs, and I love Chinese songs
actually, but not a lot. And
Yuna, she’s now so famous in
America, it’s so awesome that a Malaysian can
actually take the whole stage to
the United States. I like Sam Smith’s vocals, it’s
some kind of a free style that
he’s using. ‘Lay Me Down’ is such amusing and
inspiring.
By,Euan Thum,Collaborated with Jackson Ong,Editors of The Literary, Drama & Debating Society,English College Johor Bahru.

Comments
Post a Comment