Hey! Hi, it's me again! Junior journalist, Thum Chiean Tien, reporting for the second time. Second time? Yepp. My Starstruck attempt last year, regretfully, didn't go too well. Whatever, what's past is in the past, right?
The word 'failure' is never on my list. Despite not being shortlisted, I don't see it as a fiasco if I have not given up, which I won't. One year older now, let's hope my try this year would pay off my hard work in composing.
Inspired by my life, I am indeed stunned to hear the kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats around me; see the uprising skyscrapers of JB city; watch the world grow. It is filled with so much humanity and impacts, which lead the way up to my writepad as a positive influence.
In fact, being a teenager is a confusion. My life goes on in a drumbeat rhythm. But as I charged my worries into the power to face the obstacles ahead, I splash a bridge of rainbow to end the rain. I am a caterpillar cocooning myself to emerge as a butterfly soon enough, to display my beauty, to stage my world. Stars can't shine without darkness, remember? My thoughts burst its way out to defy failure.
I aim to strive myself high, to scream my heart out with every word I pen. I want my every single piece of work to embody something different. An evolution, an improvement, a motivation born to make myself strike the challenges even more.
As a journalist, I would be well placed to meet both exemplary personalities and leading icons from all walks of life. Although impressed by their successes, I am reminded that the world leaders are still human beings like you and me. What leaves the great gap between us is their hours and hours of dedication and commitment to their respective fields; tales of discipline and genuine passion for their profession.
Who knows what might be happening tomorrow? I might be interviewing Dato' Lee Chong Wei, covering the stories of Taylor Swift's musical success or even shake hands with Datuk Seri Najib Razak! No one can tell for sure, but unless I take the first step into the universe of journalism, none of these would be a reality.
Never say never (Disclaimer: Not a Bieber fan though). I truly cherish my life, in which I want it memorable; I want myself exposed to the world more; I want it compact. Composing helps me in arranging my thoughts. With it, I leave my marks behind, and when I turned back seeking for it in the far future, reminiscence of my teenage years isn't a hard thing.
So... anyone here has a story to unearth? Something you want to express but unable to get to the right words out? Superman's here to the rescue!
By,
Euan Thum.
Edited #1
The word 'failure' is never on my list. Despite not being shortlisted, I don't see it as a fiasco if I have not given up, which I won't. One year older now, let's hope my try this year would pay off my hard work in composing.
Inspired by my life, I am indeed stunned to hear the kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats around me; see the uprising skyscrapers of JB city; watch the world grow. It is filled with so much humanity and impacts, which lead the way up to my writepad as a positive influence.
In fact, being a teenager is a confusion. My life goes on in a drumbeat rhythm. But as I charged my worries into the power to face the obstacles ahead, I splash a bridge of rainbow to end the rain. I am a caterpillar cocooning myself to emerge as a butterfly soon enough, to display my beauty, to stage my world. Stars can't shine without darkness, remember? My thoughts burst its way out to defy failure.
I aim to strive myself high, to scream my heart out with every word I pen. I want my every single piece of work to embody something different. An evolution, an improvement, a motivation born to make myself strike the challenges even more.
As a journalist, I would be well placed to meet both exemplary personalities and leading icons from all walks of life. Although impressed by their successes, I am reminded that the world leaders are still human beings like you and me. What leaves the great gap between us is their hours and hours of dedication and commitment to their respective fields; tales of discipline and genuine passion for their profession.
Who knows what might be happening tomorrow? I might be interviewing Dato' Lee Chong Wei, covering the stories of Taylor Swift's musical success or even shake hands with Datuk Seri Najib Razak! No one can tell for sure, but unless I take the first step into the universe of journalism, none of these would be a reality.
Never say never (Disclaimer: Not a Bieber fan though). I truly cherish my life, in which I want it memorable; I want myself exposed to the world more; I want it compact. Composing helps me in arranging my thoughts. With it, I leave my marks behind, and when I turned back seeking for it in the far future, reminiscence of my teenage years isn't a hard thing.
So... anyone here has a story to unearth? Something you want to express but unable to get to the right words out? Superman's here to the rescue!
By,
Euan Thum.
Edited #1

Comments
Post a Comment