When you got inti St. John, you'll find that the first and only way to be an official member is to pass the First Aid Test.
For an official member at the base rank, we call him a private, that means he can wear the St. John uniform outside of his school, but of course, he has to give people first aid if they need it. For privates, there are extra duties for them, though they are free to decide whether to go or not to attend these duties (as I mentioned that duties are extra works).
Some duties are really FUN, but some are kinda tiring. Free gifts, food and maybe free tickets for the events, these are what you get during FUN duties; while at those 'bad' duties, you may get nothing, or maybe you'll have to be standing at the same spot for a long time. Well, I'd been through both, LUCKY & POOR me. But still, the main aim is to give people initial help when they need it. During duties, make friends with people of course, that's the special moments you get to know other St. John members from other schools.
For an official member at the base rank, we call him a private, that means he can wear the St. John uniform outside of his school, but of course, he has to give people first aid if they need it. For privates, there are extra duties for them, though they are free to decide whether to go or not to attend these duties (as I mentioned that duties are extra works).
Some duties are really FUN, but some are kinda tiring. Free gifts, food and maybe free tickets for the events, these are what you get during FUN duties; while at those 'bad' duties, you may get nothing, or maybe you'll have to be standing at the same spot for a long time. Well, I'd been through both, LUCKY & POOR me. But still, the main aim is to give people initial help when they need it. During duties, make friends with people of course, that's the special moments you get to know other St. John members from other schools.
The time you spend performing your duties will not be wasted! It will be calculated and there are badges for you. When you have done duties for 100 hours, 200 hours, 300 hours, 750 hours and 1000 hours, there will be special badges for you. The patterns are always the same, only the colours are slightly different. The one in the picture is my first badge ever, which is the one for doing duties for 100 hours. I, Euan Thum, passed First Aid Test last June and after 9 months, last Saturday, I got this from a senior, so GLAD, you know?
I'll most probably get the 200 hours badge in two or three years time using Flagdays as I'm not having a strong desire to rush for it since I have got the first badge. You know, it's rather impossible to get 500 duty hours or above, so I'll only aim for the second one. Flagdays, Flagdays, here I come!
By,
Euan Thum.


Comments
Post a Comment