The past of EC, complicated yet miserable,
as it reminisced us of the period when the Japanese conquered the area,
and the time after they left.
Soggy with no cloud or breeze,
Capture no hope or bliss to live;
The sights,
Haunted but held the fear to leave,
Smeared with darkness, no one could dream.
There,
Somewhere too dark to be seen,
Two eyes winked and both lips twisted;
There,
A pierce of a cane broke the scene,
Yet another scream of pain flinched to bleed.
Time ticked,
Things were traded from gears to pills,
Colours were switched from black to white;
Blood flooded,
From all the men who bravely fought,
And left their spirits behind for long.
Listened,
The way someone ran wildly upstairs,
The way footsteps came and went dragging away;
Alone,
Walked down the block feeling being followed,
Sang in a room and someone paid it an echo.
Regret,
Wasn’t it somehow too late,
Even if it held sincere guilt and grace;
The age,
To think, it held so many tales and flames,
A dark mark left, with scars and pain.
By,
Euan Thum.

You write poems better than me 8(^~^)8 very touching though!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you!! Well EC is actually my school and it is in one of the areas in Malaysia where the Japanese once conquered. There are so many tales here. And the block is haunted....and you know... I was just feeling so much about the past that day so I just simply wrote eveything down. Do tell me if you're interested in learning briefly about the history here. And of course about spooky experience~ ;)
Deletep.s, I LOOOOVE your blog!!!! One day I hope to move to Japan myself >.< but I've been told foreigners aren't welcomed? Is this true?
ReplyDeleteHi! (p.s It's me again) THANK YOU for saying that. Well I have been secretly practising to pen and my blog will soon be resumed with a list of much more mature, cool posts, each with a higher quality to impress you. Stay tuned! Who says that foreigners are not welcomed in Japan? I went to Tokyo for a holiday last year and it was the best trip I have ever had. The people there are polite and sweet!!! (*btw, wouldnt you love to read my series of blogs relevant to Japan?) I think that it is pretty nice that you would like to live and work there, go ahead!! I show you my support with this sentence. Hahhaha lol
Delete