Skip to main content

Live The ARTS

Be enriched with creative art ideas no one could ever think of at www.artforkidshub.com, where arts come alive in miscellaneous forms including drawing, painting and origami. The Editors went through a few provided step-by-step video tutorials and decided to share some really eccentric ones using crayons. Create your own ones now and share them online!


A Dripping Effect
Things that you’ll need: Canvas, crayons, hot glue gun and hair dryer
Method: Line up the crayons vertically on a piece of canvas (on the top part) with a preferred order, stabilize them with hot glue. Lean the canvas against a wall, with newspaper underneath to prevent making a mess. Use a hairdryer to melt the crayons; point it downwards so that the wax drips. Remove the crayon remnants and leave it to dry.







The Sacred Rebirth
(Best choice for Easter!!)
Things that you’ll need: Hard-boiled eggs, bowl, crayons, cheese grater, hot water, spoon, egg tray

Method: Peel off any labels on the crayons and grate them up into fine pieces. Add the grated crayons into a bowl filled with hot water (Be noted that you mustn’t stir!) and dip an egg into it using a spoon. Remove the egg slowly, place it on an egg tray and leave the wax to set.  


By,
Euan Thum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Human Being—A Complex Organism

Human beings are complex and special organisms as there is a complex organisation of cells in the human body. The organisation in the human body is summarised as follows: Cells—> Tissues—> Organs—> Systems—> Organism.   The same type of cells which carry out a specific function are organised into a tissue. For examples, a group of muscle cells form a muscle tissue while a group of nerve cells form a nerve tissue. They are organised to work together to perform specific functions as the result of cells in the human body do not work individually.     An organ is a group of tissue that cooperates to carry out a specific life process. For examples, a group of muscle tissues, epithelial tissues and connective tissues form blood vessels. Several organs are organised into a system. Each system consist of several organs which are organised to carry out life processes such as respiration, reproduction and digestion.     Various systems in th...

I am Euan Thum. This is my story.

No one is born a leader, but no one is born to stay shy and quiet forever too. I was a timid and unconfident boy who grew to celebrate individuality.  I discovered my passion in poetry in high school and I never stopped exploring what I can create. I co-founded a society in college to share the love for poetry and had organised poetry recitals to help others discover its beauty. My poems have now been featured in several international publications and journals.  During the global pandemic, I released two poetry collections for charity, which have raised more than RM1k combined! Poetry was an incredible flotation device and artistic outlet for me during the pandemic, and being able to share my art with the world allows me to connect with others in ways I never imagined before.  Over the years, I became committed to enrich the community around me through volunteering and fundraising. This propels me towards fighting for important causes in our society including wildlife con...

Working With Passion

I've long worked behind the lens. When I started experimenting with photography almost a decade ago, I was heavily criticised for the wrong angles, the misfocused subjects, and my pointless artistry. I tried and tried without proper equipment or professional guidance, but the determination to validate my photography skills had kept me going against the currents of criticism. In the midst of helping others 'capture a moment', as I would call it, I saw myself starting to request for similar photos to be taken for me, in hopes of keeping memories of my own in photographs. One person told me once, 'You're kinda like a model'. That was about 4 years ago, when I had finished high school for a couple of months. My hair was flowing a little freer than before and I had more time on my hands to run around Johor Bahru with my friends, looking for adventures and photoshoots. That 5-word line was an inspiration I did not see coming. In fact, I did not realise it had done the...