Never have I mentioned that I am currently in a 2-year course of A Levels at Kolej Tuanku Ja’afar. I have finished my AS level back in June and am now preparing for my A2 examinations. My summer was spent reading and doing researches for my Personal Statement, which is a key in the application requirement set by universities in the United Kingdom.
As I aim to pursue Economics as a degree in the near future, I maximise my time of reading during my free time to enrich my exposure to the economic phenomena around me. I have selected a few universities that I am interested in. The list consists of a mix of schools in London, which offers a an exciting lifestyle and of course a range of social networking opportunities to aid in future career, and in country towns, which slower pace of life is of advantage when you prefer a more tranquil lifestyle in wide beautiful campuses.
Having sent off my UCAS application, I felt a great relief. I had spent a huge amount of time on my Personal Statement, which I am certain that others do work on with immense effort too. Now, I am allocating more time on my studies and club work. I am part of the KTJ LEO Club, which is a community service club with various service activities ranging from fund-raising sales to outreach trips to homes. There are many events coming up as our programme plays a huge role in raising awareness of sustainability, education and public health.
I am also working on a TEDx event which will take place in school on 21 Oct 2018. I take this as an opportunity to improve my public speaking, while fighting for my opinions on the misuse of social media in building a false image of a perfect life. I shall discuss this in my next post. Stay tuned!
By,
Euan Thum.
By,
Euan Thum.

Comments
Post a Comment