She was not a human or an animal.
She's a fruit, a pomegranate.
She's wholly ripe, beautiful and yet teenage-young with freckles all over her rubicund face.
She's elegant and a foreign beauty.
She's the legendary MISS POM.
I told my Dad that I had never tried a pomegranate.
And he bought me a huge one then. A cute one.
My Dad showed me the way to peel its, while we watched the ruby-like flesh appearing under the pinkish mauve skin.
I took one and tasted.
Red flesh, bloody juice, sweet taste and tiny seeds, as if there were shiny jewels around me.
Miss Pom, young and beautiful.
I posted photos of hers on Instagram and my friend, "Woodplank" asked me if I gave my food names?!
Yeah, I did. Haha, I'm all crazy.
Miss Pom.
Em...maybe...there might be a Miss Pom? I don't know, but I don't feel like to name my fruit again.
By,
Euan Thum.



Comments
Post a Comment