Skip to main content

The Host

After the series of books entitled The Twilight Saga and an additional novel, Midnight Sun, The Host was written by Stephanie Meyer in just a short period. Unlike the five books the author had at first, The Host is not related to vampires at all. It's just about humans and aliens with freaky eyes.


  The world has been invaded by aliens, which are invisible to us. Human traded their bodies in order to match with the aliens' mind. Most humanity was succumbed then as the "takeover" of human was simply named as the 'Host'. Evil and cold-blooded, these are the words that accurately describe the dark sides of the Hosts.

  The movie, starred by Saoirse Ronan, Diane Krueger, Jake Abel and Max Irons while it was directed by Andrew Niccol. Melanie, the lead role, was the remaining human who was captured and she was pretty sure that it would be her end. But it's not.


  Wanderer, an alien took over Melanie's body, and so both of them shared one body. They both are in love with the man who Melanie had fallen in love with before her body was possessed by Wanderer. The duo fought to breakaway from the person who matched them together and for the man they love.
 
  What would happen to the disobedience to your lord? This means war.

  Diana Krueger played a bad girl this time, very much worse than Victoria in the Twilight series. She used every single way to capture Melanie, who managed to breakaway, even with the most terrible weapons to tear her apart. What would exactly happen next?


  Wanna watch a show like this in a huge room with air-conditioners and a large screen? Just go to the cinema now! Be quick before you lose your chances!


By,
Euan Thum.

Comments

  1. Love love love love love this book and movie!!!!! I cried, laughed, fangirled, omg xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! Thank you for leaving a comment here. It's been a while since the last time someone actually commented on my blog. I really like the book, as well as the Twilight Saga. I like the way Stephanie Meyes composes her works and I have striking some practices. Let's hope I can improve my essays that way :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Human Being—A Complex Organism

Human beings are complex and special organisms as there is a complex organisation of cells in the human body. The organisation in the human body is summarised as follows: Cells—> Tissues—> Organs—> Systems—> Organism.   The same type of cells which carry out a specific function are organised into a tissue. For examples, a group of muscle cells form a muscle tissue while a group of nerve cells form a nerve tissue. They are organised to work together to perform specific functions as the result of cells in the human body do not work individually.     An organ is a group of tissue that cooperates to carry out a specific life process. For examples, a group of muscle tissues, epithelial tissues and connective tissues form blood vessels. Several organs are organised into a system. Each system consist of several organs which are organised to carry out life processes such as respiration, reproduction and digestion.     Various systems in th...

I am Euan Thum. This is my story.

No one is born a leader, but no one is born to stay shy and quiet forever too. I was a timid and unconfident boy who grew to celebrate individuality.  I discovered my passion in poetry in high school and I never stopped exploring what I can create. I co-founded a society in college to share the love for poetry and had organised poetry recitals to help others discover its beauty. My poems have now been featured in several international publications and journals.  During the global pandemic, I released two poetry collections for charity, which have raised more than RM1k combined! Poetry was an incredible flotation device and artistic outlet for me during the pandemic, and being able to share my art with the world allows me to connect with others in ways I never imagined before.  Over the years, I became committed to enrich the community around me through volunteering and fundraising. This propels me towards fighting for important causes in our society including wildlife con...

Working With Passion

I've long worked behind the lens. When I started experimenting with photography almost a decade ago, I was heavily criticised for the wrong angles, the misfocused subjects, and my pointless artistry. I tried and tried without proper equipment or professional guidance, but the determination to validate my photography skills had kept me going against the currents of criticism. In the midst of helping others 'capture a moment', as I would call it, I saw myself starting to request for similar photos to be taken for me, in hopes of keeping memories of my own in photographs. One person told me once, 'You're kinda like a model'. That was about 4 years ago, when I had finished high school for a couple of months. My hair was flowing a little freer than before and I had more time on my hands to run around Johor Bahru with my friends, looking for adventures and photoshoots. That 5-word line was an inspiration I did not see coming. In fact, I did not realise it had done the...