2013, what a freaky, spectacular year!
Being my second year at English College, which is also known as Maktab Sultan Abu Bakar, I've now been upgraded for third times. For the first and second times, they were all related to St. John Ambulance Malaysia, so I guess there's nothing much to say here.
For a whole year and three months of being an extra-normal student and a 'pengawas percubaan' respectively, I've now been officially upgraded to be a real prefect. One sunny afternoon in the month of January last year, an interview with the teachers was carried out, and I was one of the candidates. I was such a crazy idiot then, so I failed it...... :(
But January this year, I was once again a candidate, and I passed the interview! Oh well, you know, I always do the bad guy's job. It was tough performing duties, but I enjoyed them as there were friends performing duties with me. Our seniors always give us briefings and having dialogues with us, trying to know about any problem that we encountered. Other than that, they also introduced to us members of the Prefectorial Board of English College. We learnt so much things in these three months.
Now, at this very moment, we walk in school as prefects. Duties are fun, in the hall, canteen, blocks, toilets and also at the gate. We help teachers at all times, gaining new life experience and guidance from teachers.
Being my second year at English College, which is also known as Maktab Sultan Abu Bakar, I've now been upgraded for third times. For the first and second times, they were all related to St. John Ambulance Malaysia, so I guess there's nothing much to say here.
For a whole year and three months of being an extra-normal student and a 'pengawas percubaan' respectively, I've now been officially upgraded to be a real prefect. One sunny afternoon in the month of January last year, an interview with the teachers was carried out, and I was one of the candidates. I was such a crazy idiot then, so I failed it...... :(
But January this year, I was once again a candidate, and I passed the interview! Oh well, you know, I always do the bad guy's job. It was tough performing duties, but I enjoyed them as there were friends performing duties with me. Our seniors always give us briefings and having dialogues with us, trying to know about any problem that we encountered. Other than that, they also introduced to us members of the Prefectorial Board of English College. We learnt so much things in these three months.
Now, at this very moment, we walk in school as prefects. Duties are fun, in the hall, canteen, blocks, toilets and also at the gate. We help teachers at all times, gaining new life experience and guidance from teachers.
Me of a normal student, Goodbye, I hope I'll never be you again in the future. People evolve and what passed is history. Me as a prefect, discipline is of the most importance. Please somebody give me your support!
By,
Euan Thum.


Salam Sejahtera...I was a Timbalan Kapten in 2008. If you ask ur teacher, they will know Kapten Shafiq Subahir. Being prefect is about self confidence & act with intelligent. I can give u a tip, during recess if somebody eat too slow...surround their table with other prefect. This is about psycology. Can u eat while so many people watching u?
ReplyDeleteHI! Ikr, we're all doing that these days! But some of our seniors wouldn't let us do that 'cuz many of the students would just walk away without finishing their food---such a waste. So we often got dismissed when there were only two or three "slow-eater" left in the canteen. Thanks for your advices, and it's great to talk to you here!
Deleteyeah..u are right. Dont waste ur food. That tactic was my 'invention'. So it pass down from 'generation to generation'...gud luck & aim for captain. Gain max trust from other prefect & teacher...that how u can be a captain. I gained my position by full recomendation of my teacher. I dont know if she is still with EC, her name is Cikgu Asghar.
DeleteWow! It is really brilliant. Cikgu Asghar.... I don't recognise her name, maybe it's just because that I'm still new to the morning session, I don't know many of our teachers. Being a captain is pretty tough cuz it takes much time and effort to make sure everything goes right, thanks for your tips, I'll try my very best. Is senior studying in any university in Malaysia now?
DeleteNow I'm a teacher in Kedah and studying for master in USM. So, gud luck.
DeleteWow! That's really impressive! Good luck to you to a magnificent future, and please remember to free yourself some time for our 100th-year celebration! :)
Delete