Left. Right. Left. Right. Yeah, correct. Here and here and here. You might have guessed, I'm folding something. But what am I folding? Paper cranes? No, I'm folding paper stars.
We called folding papers as Origami in Japanese. It can be folding paper cranes, paper fish or maybe some kinds of flowers and so on. I do have a particular fondness of Origami, especially at folding paper strips into stars.
I started folding paper stars about seven to eight years ago, when I was just 5. It's my favourite pastime till now as it is really fun. You can control your emotion as well as your mind easily while folding paper stars.
A paper star equals to a blessing. The paper strips were printed in different colours and patterns to show a different meaning, like red means love, green means friendship and many more. Some words such as 'Friends Forever' or 'I Love You' were printed on the paper strips to show the meanings more obviously.
Nowadays, many cartoons or games characters had became the patterns on the paper strips. With Angry Birds and Pokemon as examples, they seem to be the 'cartoon craze' from the kids all around the world. Adorable, having paper stars with the words 'Angry Birds' and a little red one beside it.
We called folding papers as Origami in Japanese. It can be folding paper cranes, paper fish or maybe some kinds of flowers and so on. I do have a particular fondness of Origami, especially at folding paper strips into stars.
I started folding paper stars about seven to eight years ago, when I was just 5. It's my favourite pastime till now as it is really fun. You can control your emotion as well as your mind easily while folding paper stars.
Nowadays, many cartoons or games characters had became the patterns on the paper strips. With Angry Birds and Pokemon as examples, they seem to be the 'cartoon craze' from the kids all around the world. Adorable, having paper stars with the words 'Angry Birds' and a little red one beside it.
These days, I discovered a way of folding paper stars that I called the 'Hybrids'. A 'Hybrid' is usually made up of two or three different colours of paper strips, which make it look like mosaics. The process is quite tough but what we get is beautiful, isn't it?
Starry, Starry Night, a song by Don Mclean. Rather nice, but why don't you start your very own stars collection? It's really fun. But don't ever think folding stars is a girlish activity, it's unisex!
By,
Euan Thum.



Hi!
ReplyDeleteI just learnt how to fold these beautiful stars. Could you please explain how you made the "hybrid" stars?
/Ninni from Sweden
Hi! Thanks for commenting and sorry for my late reply 'cuz somehow I only saw this comment today. I would really love to teach you,haha. But how? I'm not well-prepared yet as I am not really free lately. Em... maybe I can make a post all about the procedures with plenty of pictures so that you can understand. But the post will not be done so early,perhaps later this month, I promise.
DeleteA post would with pictures would be grate! Later this month is great if you have the time. Many, many thanks!
Deleteyou're warmly welcomed
Delete