The desperate sun set down the horizon, and the night got darker and darker. I tried to forget about you, erasing your pictures, numbers and messages from my phone. Goodbye, sadly, beautifully, tragically. Every bit that I saw since then was small and tiny, all I felt was nothing, down, brokenhearted.
I shoved my feelings towards you away, far away from my mind heart. But then messaged me through LINE, saying that you're sorry. I said it was 'Okay'. But deep down I knew, some parts of me has everything relevant with you burnt off, but some parts with "concerns", "friendships" and "love" were still there. It hurts, a lot. But I moved on, with my friends, we talked, we laughed, we played. I was all out of that shadow. And when you texted me again via LINE, you sent me adorable stickers, I replied.
I tried my best so as to cover the feelings there left in me. I chatted with you as a friend, instead of a "crush" or maybe an "admirer". And we talked, we texted, we laughed (though both of us couldn't see each other....lol). So everything has CHANGED, I guessed. We are friends now, like how we were during our early primary school time.
We chatted 'bout songs, friends, people, school and more. I gave you three songs, Young And Beautiful, All Too Well and Highway Don't Care. By the first two songs, I thought the situation changed again, my feelings for you broke free from my chained heart, and I like you, as I used to be. We met on that bridge and we caught a glimpse, you still looked like you, pretty much.
But by the last song, really last song for me to introduce to you, I thought that what Taylor said was right: Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right. I ain't at the correct age to talk about love, that was why I stopped myself cruelly, but it did make me happy.
We hadn't talk or text since the four stickers conversation on LINE. But even if we talk again, we'll be just friends and nothing beyond that. Hope I won't watch my belated love for you begins again someday.
I shoved my feelings towards you away, far away from my mind heart. But then messaged me through LINE, saying that you're sorry. I said it was 'Okay'. But deep down I knew, some parts of me has everything relevant with you burnt off, but some parts with "concerns", "friendships" and "love" were still there. It hurts, a lot. But I moved on, with my friends, we talked, we laughed, we played. I was all out of that shadow. And when you texted me again via LINE, you sent me adorable stickers, I replied.
I tried my best so as to cover the feelings there left in me. I chatted with you as a friend, instead of a "crush" or maybe an "admirer". And we talked, we texted, we laughed (though both of us couldn't see each other....lol). So everything has CHANGED, I guessed. We are friends now, like how we were during our early primary school time.
We chatted 'bout songs, friends, people, school and more. I gave you three songs, Young And Beautiful, All Too Well and Highway Don't Care. By the first two songs, I thought the situation changed again, my feelings for you broke free from my chained heart, and I like you, as I used to be. We met on that bridge and we caught a glimpse, you still looked like you, pretty much.
But by the last song, really last song for me to introduce to you, I thought that what Taylor said was right: Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right. I ain't at the correct age to talk about love, that was why I stopped myself cruelly, but it did make me happy.
We hadn't talk or text since the four stickers conversation on LINE. But even if we talk again, we'll be just friends and nothing beyond that. Hope I won't watch my belated love for you begins again someday.
End of "Joe Rui Three Parts".
Stay tuned for two more spin off stories.
By,
Euan Thum.


Comments
Post a Comment