Before Taylor, I was actually so obsessed with a
Taiwanese girl group. Well, ya’ know, I used-to-be day dreaming in class about
the complicated Chinese-musics industry. And their song did really appeal to my
eldest brother and I.
I used to
enjoy listening to Chinese songs in my primary school-life. Jay Chou, JJ Lin,
Rachel Liang…… Their work done for the music industry had never been tedious.
But as time went by, many new young singers rose up and honestly, their musics
were like ‘ew….’ to me. Perhaps other people liked them, or my elder brother
liked them too, but I didn’t. And then I found the English showbiz eccentric,
so I became a fan of it.
S.H.E, a
famous group formed by three gorgeous Taiwanese ladies. The group was made in 2001
after a singing contest. Yes, you got it right. The three girls were the
participants in it and they won the first three places respectively. Since that
year, they recorded up to 13 studio albums and several EPs. My house even owns
four of them including the latest one which was released last year.
Selina Jen, 32,
Hebe Tian, 30, Ella Chen, 32. The threesome group’s music styles span around
the genre of country and country-pop. Most of their songs were about sad
breakups or heart-warming stories about love. That’s why my brother and I loved
them. Their voices were utterly impressive and magnificent, which made them
never loses to any other celebrities.
The group took
a long pause in their singing career in 2010 due to Selina’s unlucky
involvement in an explosion accident while acting for a movie. But after a
2-year rehab, the girls amazed their fans with a legendary comeback single,
Blossomy. It’s beyond spectacular, and poppy, unlike their past works.
I don’t know
if I’m still so obsessed with them. But their hits have never been forgotten till
this very moment. Still, the three pretty ladies are stellar, and even beyond
fantastic.
By,
Euan Thum.
By,
Euan Thum.


Comments
Post a Comment