There’s a crazy girl I know since 2009, Ong Jin Ru,
funny, scary and troublesome… Hahaha. She’s like one of my best friend and I
treat her as my older sister! She’s not that old though…
I remember she
lent me one of her sister’s books in late 2009. It was about spooks and haunted
stories. Scary but some parts were funny too. I even got a photocopy of it
after that.
I was “ordered”
by my form teacher to seat next to her in the year of 2011, when we were 12
years old. It was like, my most fearsome, hilarious and painful period of my
six years in primary school. First, I found out that she liked Taylor Swift
too, just not as fanatic as me. So I introduced her many new songs, I sang for her
every day, any our “neighbours” were like ‘WOW’! Hahaha.
It was painful
as she poked my arms with pens. She did it so hard hence I poked her back for
revenge. Then we technically got into fights. But luckily, no wound or scar was
left. Jin Ru and I even sang a duet of Teresa Teng’s classic hits, ‘Goodbye! My
Love!’. We were extremely funny and once again our “neighbours” were like ‘WOW,
WOW!’.
Other than
that, we were both up to have discussion about hunks and babes around us. She
kept saying that my tastes in watching good-looking people were terrible… but
seriously? Those I said attractive did look attractive while those I said no
were not. We both even made a deal to pen a novel in the Chinese language and
we would exchange to read each other’s work after the Year-End examinations.
But we didn’t, my novel wasn’t finished yet and she hasn’t really touched her
pens. LOL. Guess she’s missing Mushroom (my novel character). Hahaha!
The short
period of both of us sitting side by side at school was full of laughter, wasn’t
it? I’ll remember it all too well. At least, I’ll try.
By,
Euan Thum.
By,
Euan Thum.


Comments
Post a Comment