Taylor
Swift released her song which features Ed Sheeran, Everything Has Changed, as the sixth single from her latest album, Red. And I thought that’s all, only six.
But the news about the release of her seventh single really shocked me.
It’s the track after the song, Stay, Stay, Stay, featuring Gary
Lightbody from the band, Snow Patrol, in both recording and lyrics-penning. It
has a heavy aura of country, twining around both the genres of country rock and
country folk, making it an utterly different piece of rhythm compared to the
past works this 23-year-old American singer-songwriter had ever done before. It
is believed that all reasons for this difference made were her tremendous
musical improvements, impressive breakup elements, great partnership with Gary
Lightbody and her very own changes made for intense love.
The song begins with Gary’s solo section,
then them both together for a duet. Their voices fitted in flawlessly as they
played the magic of word-matching way too magnificently. This song weirdly
features Gary more and he then told the media that this four-minute long period
was really a perfect moment for Taylor to skip ahead and get some rests at the
backseat during the whole time of recording for her album, Red.
Lyrically, this song shows the reactions made
by Taylor and her ex-boyfriend when the latter did something wrong in the past.
Taylor was obviously mad and desperate at what he’s done so she sings:
You find yourself at my door,
Just like all those times before,
You wear your best apology,
But I was there to watch you leave.
Just like all those times before,
You wear your best apology,
But I was there to watch you leave.
The release of The Last Time as the overall seventh single of Red did put me in a shock. I thought that: Wasn’t other songs from
the album better? Like I Almost Do, All Too Well or Starlight. But after I played this song again and I referred to the
lyrics, I thought that this song was indeed qualified as a song to the road of her
success too.
By,
Euan Thum.
By,
Euan Thum.


Comments
Post a Comment