On the
third day of my trip to Japan, we placed our steps into the world’s largest
fish market at Tsukiji, namely Tsukiji Fish Market, which has been considered
as a tourists’ spot since a few years back then.
I still remember the place, the floor was
totally wet with cold water and scattered ice. There were workers busy driving
motorcycles around with goods at the back, transferring them to their own
stalls from the main gate of the market. The air there was breezily cool but it
didn’t smell fishy from the outside, perhaps it only stinks inside where they
set up stalls to sell their fish.
We walked into the market and it was ‘crowded’
with things and fresh seafood. There were Tunas, Salmons, squids, crabs,
scallops, prawns and many more which some were still alive in the boxes full of
flowing water. The paths were quite narrow in a way that will defeat fat guys
and there were water almost everywhere, some spattered around; some dripping
from the boxes of melting ices. I saw many kinds of things that I’d never seen
before over there like bite-sized octopuses, giant king crabs, gigantic
lobsters and even sharks that sized bigger than the ones I’d ever seen in my
local fish markets.
There were plenty of stalls inside, selling
almost the same things. Everything looked fishy and wet, and those fish, they
were like staring at us as they were lying lifelessly on the ice, creepy.
And the most surprising sights there were the
Tuna fish. They were like huge in an unbelievable way. They were like
gargantuan, even bigger and fatter than me. Well, I did expect to see something
like that before coming here but it was rather awesome to look at them like
this, they were even bigger than the ones appeared in my books, wow!
Fish lovers, you SHOULD come here.
By,
Euan Thum.
By,
Euan Thum.



Comments
Post a Comment