The air was
relaxingly cool as we walked. Every step led a different view of the long, busy
streets. The crowd was passing by; the birds were chirping; the street was
mostly grey in colour, some parts were brighter, some were darker, giving off
different shades of feelings from every side of its face.
By,
Euan Thum.
The streets weren’t busy sometimes, and the
walking paths were filled with dried maple leaves. Cold, but yet warm,
partially different from any other city-faced places in Tokyo. Our legs
couldn’t stop moving even though they were sore enough for us to collapse, but
there were wondrous floras along the road which twisted our lips in to small,
sweet, heart-warming grins. Their streets were clean, almost garage-free except
for the fallen leaves, and beautiful. It wasn’t something that we could see in
Malaysia, it was just, different, in a good way.
Shops, cafes….and there were 7-11 everywhere.
I mean it----everywhere.
Every step we took was a big, new episode. It
was like a fresh start as the views changed, It was really a very nice
experience, walking around in a place you’re not really belonged to, not
knowing where exactly you were going to. I took mouthfuls of the foreign chilly
air despite that I understand I could never feel that way again in Malaysia,
where the air is always sultry and warm. I copied the shades of colours the
leaves had there in my mind. They were most likely orange or brilliant brown.
Lovely.
The streets in Tokyo, Japan are nothing like
the ones people have in other countries, like, France, Italy or Singapore. What
they have in Japan are all modern and stylish with metal-and-glass designs
which are one of the country’s greatest pride in ‘showing off’. LOL.
By,
Euan Thum.


Comments
Post a Comment