What do you
expect me to eat if I say I was in Japan? Sushi? Sashimi? No, the actual daily
diet for Japanese is rice, just like Chinese.
It wasn’t a big difference for me to adjust myself there as we ate rice. Rice, with dishes, of course. Most shops serve roasted beef bowls. It wasn’t big deals but it’s just simply luscious, it was something we can never find in Malaysia.
It wasn’t a big difference for me to adjust myself there as we ate rice. Rice, with dishes, of course. Most shops serve roasted beef bowls. It wasn’t big deals but it’s just simply luscious, it was something we can never find in Malaysia.
Delicious, yummy, tasty, luscious,
tantalizing, delicate, toothsome, mouth-watering……what else can used to
describe the fabulous tastes food has? The food we had in Japan was nice,
beyond-nice, though every day was still the same as our daily diet, rice. But
the only thing that stunned me from time to time was the taste they got for the
roasted beef slices. That was impressive, and you have no idea about it.
It was just simply magnificent, you know,
beef being sliced, marinated and fried. It was a wonder that it tasted that
way, it was warm, dry, salty, aromatic and it made you want more. Even now I
wanna take one more bite of it. I want that taste, in my mouth, now! I really
really loved it. Even now. I miss it, so much that I wanna cry out right away.
Ow…. I miss all the beef bowls I had
there….
But one traumatic moment occurred when I was
there at Tsukiji market. We were in a seafood restaurant and we ordered
half-cooked seafood, with rice beneath it, well except my father, his was fully
raw and fresh. The fish tasted indeed not-bad… some part of it was still cold. The
whole bowl of things was undeniably horrible. I thought the prawn might taste
good but it turned out to be the worst part of all. It was still wet!
Ruined, my perfect trip was ruined by this
flawful meal of seafood. The tastes of the slices of fish were bearable, it was
pretty nice actually, and the rice, fragrant with roasted garlic. Those two
were the best. Kay…. I don’t want to mention the scallops I ate, it was
terribly soft and wet. Haha.
By,
Euan Thum.
Euan Thum.



Comments
Post a Comment