I’m not
that person to be in love with any foreign-languaged songs, like Korean or
Japanese. But due to the influence from my classmates, Girls’ Generation proved
me that their songs are the best foreign-languaged choices for someone like me.
Well, you know, I’m not obsessed with K-Pop at
all so only three of their Korean songs attracted me. But for their Japanese
songs, I’d listened to most of their hits! And I’m telling you my favourite
ones.
When I heard Galaxy Supernova, their second latest Japanese single, it’s like,
something really different, the rhythm is poppy, catchy and it really makes me wanna
dance with the girls. I like that song song very much and I even had a blog for
it. But something that I’m not satisfied about the song is its music video ‘cuz
there is no solo scenes of them and the whole video somehow looks blurr. But I
still love the song anyway and I’m glad that its lyrics are easy for me to sing
along.
Then two of my favourite foreign-languaged
songs ever, Mr. Taxi and Run Devil Run. Undeniably, they are
like, Oh My God – It’s so fantastic! I really fell for the rhythm, the beat and
the magnificent way they sang it. The lyrics are catchy but are just a piece of
cake for me to sing along with the music.
I like their dance step for Mr. Taxi, especially at the first
chorus, Sooyoung at the middle! ^_^ My friend literally danced it before my
eyes at school and it was like ‘Wow’. Isn’t it cool to wave your hands that way
they did? And I think that I’m in love with the lyrics of Run Devil Run. Of course, the Japanese version one. Once I heard it
on Youtube, and it wouldn’t be an easy task for me to stop rhyming to it. It’s
just something that will boggle your mind on why is it such appealing to you.
The other two Japanese songs by SNSD that I
think notable enough here are All My Love
Is For You and Time Machine.
Perhaps you find that the musics sound weird but if you really put on your
earphones and have a heart to heart moment with the girls, you’ll get what I
mean about the awesomeness hiding in these songs. These two aren’t as poppy as
the songs I mentioned before this but they own classical grace and attractive
genre of danco. And they’re not something that you can really piss of to skip
ahead on your playlist.
So, now, I’d really look forward to some more
Japanese music by Girl’s Generation which are much more enthralling than their
past works in the future.
By,
Euan Thum.
By,
Euan Thum.


Comments
Post a Comment